"For a very long time, we had been trying to incorporate an EDI solution for our business processes. Symtrax came in at the right time with the right solution to initiate EDI into our system by automating our PO to SO conversion process seamlessly. We look forward to strategically improving our processes with Symtrax as our partner."-IT Head,
Initial Situation & Challenge
Being a leader in healthcare products and services, this company sees a tremendous influx of purchase orders (PO’s) and requests for both B2B and B2C transactions. This creates a vital need to handle data properly to avoid mismanagement. Notably, this also affects their ability to meet product demands and respond efficiently, without leaving the process susceptible to manual errors.
Their goal was to introduce a system that would make their business processes more efficient. They needed a robust solution that could completely automate the existing, partially automated purchase order to sales order (SO) workflow, eliminating any room for errors, delays, or unproductivity.
Solution Presented by Symtrax
Symtrax offered Compleo Hybrid – our process automation solution that helps eliminate manual dependencies while creating a truly digital business process environment.
With Compleo, we implemented SFTP monitoring to capture incoming purchase orders from vendors in real-time. As soon as a PO arrives at the SFTP location, the PDF gets picked up by Compleo’s AI-powered, data extraction engine. This engine intelligently extracts critical and relevant data pertaining to the corresponding PO. After critical validation checks for validity, the PO data is then converted into an XML format. Finally, the XML is automatically pushed back into their ERP system for sales order and other related activities through an EDI channel.
- From concept to implementation in just 5 days: Compleo doesn’t require any programming efforts, making for a fast, efficient setup. Also, any changes due to dynamic business requirements can be subsequently taken into account in a matter of minutes.
- 10x increase in document processing speed: They now have an easily scalable architecture to ensure no delays occur despite heavy traffic and an inflow of incoming purchase orders.
- 90% reduction in errors: Critical validation checks before a sales order is created drastically cut down the chance of mistakes.
- End-to-end EDI communication: Documents are transmitted across secure and reliable data interchange channels, simplifying the process.
- Zero dependence on manual processes: Document conversion is completely automated, mitigating the need for manual intervention.
- Better compliance and easier information management: Data pushes back directly to the ERP.
- Implement just-in-time manufacturing methodology: Now, they can avoid spending unnecessary working capital on inventory storage.
Compleo both automated the PO to SO conversion process and provided an effective solution to tackle all discrepancies that arrived (or could arrive) from a lack of automation. Pushing on EDI capabilities, Compleo helped streamline the company’s business processes without having to change any system configurations or network requirements. Overall, Compleo was able to operate as an external solution, making the functioning of the company’s supply chain more productive and robust.