Each SAP module contains hundreds of predefined production reports. Many of these are either underused or not used at all: this can be because they are unavailable in the desired format, poorly formatted, or unable to be broken into smaller reports or delivered to the appropriate users automatically and securely.
Traditionally, converting these documents into the correct format or making them accessible from mobile or cloud applications has required the time and skill of ABAP programmers. Ongoing changes in corporate needs often lead to constantly evolving requirements, creating a bottleneck within IT departments. Skilled IT resources tend to be scarce and report modification often gets overlooked.
This ebook discusses such topic as:
- Implement a Document Output Management System
- Valuing Existing SAP Reports vs. Building New Ones
- Enforcing Report and Document Governance
- Empowering Reports with Content Analysis
- Leveraging New Means of Communication
- Selecting a Scalable Workflow Management System
- The Benefits of an SAP-recommended Architecture
- Defining Global Document Management Strategy for an SAP-based Company