“Not having to make system changes and without any programming efforts, Symtrax helped us integrate our existing invoicing process with GST e-invoicing standards. Their all-in-one solution made compliance with logistical regulations also easier. With automated invoice processing, user-friendly applications, and further distribution, Symtrax made our transition towards e-invoicing truly effortless. Apart from e-invoicing, they provided us with a central digital signing solution for fulfilling all other compliance needs and taking us further towards digitization.”
Srinivas Rao G - AGM - IT
Initial Situation & Challenges
The recent GST e-invoicing mandates required Pitti engineering to be in compliance with government regulations. Which meant that all the invoices had to be registered on the Invoice Registration Portal (IRP) and a standard output format needed to be put in place with all mandatory information. Having to produce a large volume of invoices annually, Pitti needed a solution that could not only make them compliant but ensure business continuity even after the implementation of said regulations.
Furthermore, they also needed a provision to digitally sign the SAP generated invoices after being registered on the IRP. Before the e-invoicing mandate and prior to having a digital signature solution, their SAP generated invoices had to printed as hard copies and signed manually for all relevant business purposes. Therefore, their need of the hour was an all-in-one solution that could cater to their invoicing compliance as well as digital signing needs.
Solution presented by Symtrax
Symtrax offered a solution – Compleo Hybrid - to automate the entire invoicing and digital signing process. Without any programming efforts, Compleo seamlessly integrated with their SAP using certified connectors to capture invoices, credit notes, and debit notes automatically. Defined templates extract data from the captured spools, and the missing data is fetched directly from their SAP to create a JSON input required to be sent to the IRP (Invoice Registration Portal) and the E-way bill portal. A return JSON is automatically captured and a PDF output is generated with IRN (Invoice Reference Number), E-way bill details, and QR code. These details along with the Acknowledgement number received in the e-invoice and e-way bill is queried back to SAP table.
Furthermore, their specific requirements for digitally signing the documents were met with our option to centrally sign final output documents. Distribution and storage weren’t a concern anymore either, as the documents were printed on a network defined printer, emailed to desired recipients, and stored centrally.
Symtrax also provided a user-friendly interface for them to monitor the invoices that have been registered on the IRP and e-way bill portal. Certain simple tasks such as cancellations, resubmission of documents, viewing input and output documents, etc., could be done with the ease of a click.
Process flow and Implementation
- User performs print action to generate a document:- invoice, credit note, or debit note.
- With certified SAP connectors, Compleo captures the spool file(s) and uses intelligent techniques to extract and fetch the data required for e-invoicing and e-way bill process.
- A JSON file is created and sent as an input to the IRP (Invoice Registration Portal), and the E-way bill portal.
- A return JSON file is captured by Compleo to generate a well formatted output PDF with the mandated parameters which include the IRN (Invoice Reference Number), QR code, and e-way bill number. This data is then queried back to SAP table for future reference and use. The e-invoice and e-way bill are simultaneously made available in a user-friendly dashboard (Compleo Console) accessible by relevant authorities.
- This output document is then digitally signed using a PFX stored in the Compleo server to meet all external and internal compliance needs.
- Final documents are printed on shared printers based on defined locations, stored centrally in designated repositories, and emailed to intended recipients.
Compleo’s automation modules collaborated to alleviate any manual burdens that could bring down company productivity in their efforts towards meeting compliance standards. With Symtrax, Pitti engineering solutions were able to transition seamlessly towards GST e-invoicing and incorporate a central digital signing mechanism for their business documents.
Pitti Engineering Ltd. was founded in 1983 and is one of the leading manufacturers and also exporters of Electrical Steel Laminations, Steel fabricated parts and Die-cast rotors. They are proud to be credited with being the first lamination manufacturer in India and have also been awarded for their excellence in quality, Industrial achievement and Industrial promotion.